Sack Tip stations
Our Sack Tip Stations are designed to allow the safe deposit of 25kg sacks at a better working height. These also provide a Health and Safety aid to any application.
Benefits of Sack Tip Station
- Cleaner, dust-free, safer working environment
- Robust construction
- Customisable solution for easy integration into your existing processing equipment
- Variety of finishes available, including mirror (0.2Ra) for sanitary material handling
- Cost-effective production, allowing cost savings to be passed onto our customers
- Controlled environment, reducing product waste
We supply Sack Tip Stations to various industries nationwide, including food, pharmaceutical, plastics, environmental, and the chemical industry. Trantec tip stations are available in Mild Steel, Stainless 304 and Stainless 316, therefore able to withstand harsh and corrosive materials, and are available with a mirror (0.2Ra) Finnish for sanitary material handling.
How does a sack tip station work?
- Place the sack onto the front shelf of the hood and cut it open, emptying the contents into the hopper.
- The hopper will then feed the contents to your Trantec Screw Conveyor, Gravimetric or volumetric metering screw feeder, or your existing process machinery.
- To the front of the hood, there is a dust curtain. This contains the dry bulk solids, thus reducing the cross-contamination or dust clouds.
We offer the following Sack tip station upgrades
- Keg-tip mechanism, powdered by a Belimo actuator
- Portable sack tip station on wheels
- Door with safety interlock and switch for ‘dust-free’ loading
- Metal detectable blue silicone gaskets
- Dust extraction spigot for connection to a simple dust sock or a local dust extraction system (LEV). This can be positioned on the sides, top or rear of the dust hood.
- Sack disposal spigot for connection to a polymer bag so that the empty sack is pushed through into it, therefore, containing any residual dust in the sack.